I have to get my reading list in order if I’m to meet my book of 31 books read for 2012. For now, this is what I’ve got:
(click the images to go to the summary)
1. Room by Emma Donoghue: This book has been with me for a few months now, but I still haven’t mustered up enough courage to open it. When I first saw it on the shelves of Fully Booked, I was hypnotized. As soon as I got home, though, I thought I may have bit off more than I could chew. I’m not sure what I’ll find here, but if the reviews are right, then my overactive imagination might go into overdrive and I might find myself without sleep again.
2. A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire: This is the third book in the Wicked series. I’ve had this for over a year or two already and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN PAST THE FIRST CHAPTER. I don’t know why. The tale of the Cowardly Lion honestly does not interest me much, especially after Liir’s story (in Son of a Witch) disappointed me. However, I need to get it off my unread list because the last book in the series is finally OUT.
3. Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire: FINALLY.
4. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: Only because I read the first book, Clockwork Angel. Now I want to know what happens. Turns out after Clockwork Prince, the next book’s coming out in 2013. GAH.
5. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami: The summary looks good and readers have said positive things about it. I think I’ll make this my first Murakami book.