Last October 4, I went to The Mind Museum with my friends because there was a special promo for Teachers’ Month that allowed teachers to bring up to 5 of their friends and share in the Php150 rate. I brought Em and Rommel and their daughter, Rui, while Juen, a colleague, brought her family along.
It was a Science museum, basically. I’m an English teacher, but Science has always fascinated me. When I was a kid, it was my favorite subject, and I got sent with others on interschool quiz bees as the Science rep in the group. My parents ordered all these Science reference materials from Reader’s Digest (when it was still cool) and I DEVOURED all of them, even the medical book! I thought I’d end up being a scientist of some sort because of this.
Despite the shift in passion from Science to English in high school (damn you, Chemistry, for ruining my top grades in Science), I still maintained a love for it, so you can imagine my excitement when I heard about the promo from The Mind Museum.
It was small-ish. I didn’t think it was worth the Php 650 regular rate, so I’m thankful I’m in this profession so that I can get that discounted rate any time. Nevertheless, I still found myself enjoying the interactive museum.
Of course, my particular favorite was the Planetary Poetry Board.
I realized that these would make for excellent writing prompts, so I took pictures of every single square so that I could answer the prompts on my own time. There are 22 prompts, and I’ve listed them. I’ll do one prompt per day for the next 22 days, but I won’t be strict with myself about the order. I’ll answer whatever prompt applies to me for that day. I’ll do a repeat of a prompt if I find that my answer changes.
And here are the prompts. Anybody want to join me?
THE PLANETARY POETRY BOARD
- Where does all of the garbage go?
- What does the future taste like?
- How does the ocean ask for help?
- Where on your body is the sky?
- Describe an imaginary plant.
- How would an ant describe you?
- If you house was burning, what will you save?
- Where does the smoke come from?
- What would you like to tell a blade of grass?
- What would be your last meal?
- What do the stars whisper to you?
- What is the weather like today inside your heart?
- What gift would you give a tree?
- How fast does time go on the sun?
- Where are all the cars going?
- Design a dish made out of insects.
- What is on the other side of clouds?
- Name your own planet and the number of moons it has.
- What do you remember with the color green?
- How does a mosquito feel in the morning?
- How does the sun feel when it looks down at the Earth?
- Describe a terrifying shade of red.